May 15, 2007

Pastis Gets It


My favorite comic strip is Pearls Before Swine, by Stephan Pastis. I own all the books, I'm a complete addict. Sometimes I burst out laughing at the mere thought of one of these strips. I'm pretty sure Pastis is Greek Orthodox, possibly lapsed - but he frequently nails what ails Christianity today. One thing he clearly understands is the doctrine of original sin. The entire strip is really centered on how that doctrine works its way out in the star character, Rat. Today he takes aim at prosperity theology. Wonderful!

2 comments:

Marie N. said...

That's funny! I'll have to check out more of those comics.

I saw your blog refrenced over at Susan's Pendulum and I recognized your name. I spoke to you briefly when my cousin needed to temporairly relocate to your area after Katrina.

Love the blog name too, by the way!

Christopher Esget said...

Thanks, Marie - glad you stopped by.
If you ever get a chance to see the series on the Apocalyptic Refrigerator, you'll love it!

We enjoyed having your cousin and his family at Immanuel for about six months or so - thanks for pointing them in our direction.