March 31, 2008

LSB Hymn Selection Guide

Is it just me, or does it seem like the LSB Hymn Selection Guide suggests singing 411, "I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light" for about two-thirds of the Sundays and Festivals?

While there's nothing extremely objectionable about the song, it seems a bit shallow, and uses the first-person singular pronoun (I/my/me) twelve times in three stanzas.

Somebody on the COW really must love this song. If we're ever singing it at Immanuel, you will know that I have been kidnapped, and my foes have substituted one of those shape-shifters from "Heroes" in my stead. If that happens, please send help.

5 comments:

Richard Townes said...

A quick response team, nestled in the hills of southern Indiana, is ready should that happen!

George said...

Will do, sir.

Christopher Esget said...

Thanks, gents. Bring your horn, Richard - that could be useful for many things.

Richard Townes said...

Ha! Not the least of which would be cleansing Lutheran temples from yuppie music by playing some Scheidt and Schein.

Christopher Esget said...

You are too funny, Richard!