The website "Save the LCMS!" has published a four-part series analyzing the "Q&A" document published by David Strand regarding the "Issues, Etc." cancelation and his firing of a pastor and the show's producer. Here is the summary:
1. Finances were the only reason that can be discussed in public for the cancellation of Issues, Etc. and the terminations of Todd Wilken and Jeff Schwarz. There were a "number of other factors" which cannot be discussed in public.
2. Mr. David Strand is solely responsible for the decision with the knowledge and approval of BCS Chairman Clauss, (and by his own statement, Pres. Kieschnick), to the exclusion of the BCS, the Board of Directors, and the officers of the Synod, including Mr. Thomas Kuchta.
3. Responsibility for the show's deficit and its share of KFUO-AM's deficit rests with Todd Wilken and Jeff Schwarz, who were called upon to be self-supporting and yet were denied the opportunity to raise money independently.
4. The secrecy surrounding the decision is solely the result of Human Resources' employee confidentiality policy.
5. Responsibility for the ensuing controversy rests with unreasonable critics who unexpectedly exploited the scandal to attack the Synod and criticize the Kieschnick administration and its Ablaze! program.
6. Cancellation of the show during Holy Week, though regrettable, saved $5500.
7. The abruptness of the cancellation and terminations was the result of Human Resources policy and a financial exigency (extreme emergency) at KFUO-AM.
You can read the entire series here: